Terms and Conditions
LG Dubai’s LIVE BORDERLESS’ Around the World in 80 Days campaign had the following terms and conditions:
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. By submitting an entry, all entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
2. You will automatically be entered into the “Around The World in 80 Days” competition by logging onto the website at www.liveborderless.net and completing the entry form with the required information.
3. Participants may enter once only. LG reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify:
any entries that tamper with, or attempt to tamper with the entry process;any entries that LG considers manipulative, unrepresentative, or disproportionate;
any individuals found entering who corrupt or affect, or attempt to corrupt or affect, the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the entry process.
Entrants that under 18 years of age 4.
LG Employees, partners of LG, or agencies associated with the promotion, and their immediate families, are ineligible to enter the promotion.
The promotion is open to all nationalities.
5. All participants will be subscribed to receive email communications from LG.
6. Participants will be entered into the competition to win one major prize, US $100,000 plus an open business class air ticket across the world that will be valid for 80 days from the date of issue. The total holiday prize is valid for 1 person only.
The winners will be selected based on the judging criteria parameters set by LG.
The top 20 entries will be short listed by a panel of pre-selected judges from 23rd Feb 2010 (11.59pm – GMT +4) until 27th Feb 2010 (11.59pm – GMT +4) and then be opened to online voting by the public.The online voting will be open from 1st Mar 2010 (12.00am GMT+4) to 10th Mar 2010 (until 11.59pm – GMT +4).
The announcement of the top 6 entries will be announced on 11th Mar 2010 any time before 11.59pm – GMT +4 which will be published on www.liveborderless.net.The short listed winners will also be notified by email, sent within 2 days after the shortlist.7.
If shortlisted you will need to be available for the finals to be staged in Dubai in March 2010 (exact dates TBC), with the following provided;
A Daily allowanceHotel accommodation (up to 4*) and flights to be covered from your destination country
Transportation will be provided from the hotel for the event Visas
8. The competition commences on 14th Dec 2009 at 12:00am GMT+4 and concludes on 22nd Feb 2010 at 11.59pmGMT+4.
9. The main prize is for 1 person which includes:
Business class airfares between Dubai and other destinations as specified in the finalised itinerary.
US $100,000 to spend at their discretion.
At the time of travel the following are the expenses that will need to be borne by the winner such as:
accommodation for the duration of the itinerary;
transfers to and from places of accommodation;
tours and activity schedules;
travel within any visited country;
and any additional expenses incurred.
10. All expenses shall be the responsibility of the prize winner. The cash prize is intended to cover items of a personal nature including but not limited to meals, spending money, entertainment, phone calls, beverages, laundry, etc.
11. The prize must be taken over the period 21st April 2010 to 21st May 2010.
The prize winner may choose a holiday prize for the entire period or any part of the period, provided that such period must be continuous. LG will prepare an itinerary based on the period chosen.
12. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
If the prize is not claimed within two weeks of the announcement, another person from the top 6 would be awarded the prize, starting with 2nd place.
13. Any costs relating to alterations to confirmed details, where applicable, will be at the expense of the prize winner. This includes but is not limited to changing dates of flights.
14. Travel insurance is not provided and LG recommends the prize winner and all travel companions obtain comprehensive travel insurance including medical coverage (at their own expense) prior to travel.
15. Entrants must be eligible for a short term tourist visa to United Arab Emirates (UAE). For visa information visit http://ae.embassyinformation.com/.
The prize winner and travel companions must arrange and pay for their own tourist visa to UAE prior to travel.
LG will not be held responsible for any visas that are not approved prior to the travel date resulting in inability to travel.
Ineligibility to obtain a visa results in cancellation of the prize and re-draw.
16. LG shall be entitled to cancel the holiday prize and itinerary without notice should the prize winner engage in any inappropriate, illegal or immoral behaviour, use excessive alcohol, artificial stimulants or illegal drugs, or act in any manner which brings LG or any person or organisation involved in the promotion into public disrepute.
17. Each entrant releases and indemnifies LG against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of the prize or participation in the promotion including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
18. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that LG may use their name, likeness, appearance, voice and biographical information for its promotional and publicity purposes.
19. The prize winner will be required to undertake a series of promotional activities at the discretion of LG including but not limited to:
Writing up to 5 combined guest blog entries that will appear on www.liveborderless.net. (approximately 200 words and 5 photographs per entry).
The prize winner will be responsible for supplying required equipment to undertake blog duties including camera, video camera and computer.
LG will not provide equipment for use by the prize winner.20. LG will own all intellectual property in reports, blogs, photos and other material created and submitted to LG by the prize winner and travel companions.
21. LG reserves the right to monitor and edit material produced by the prize winner in line with its corporate communication and marketing guidelines.
22. LG’s decision concerning any aspect of this promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. LG reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove any portion of these terms in whole or in part, at any time.
24. This competition falls under the laws & regulations of the UAE and any dispute will be governed by these & the courts of the UAE.
25. The Promoter is LG Gulf, Dubai, UAE.